To open a bank account in Sanliurfa, you need an identification document and proof of address. Proof of address can be a utility bill in your name. You might need a tax identification number.
You might need a Kimlik card or Turkish residence card, or a Turkish SIM card.
Bank cards and credit cards are issued in the name of residents, but they are not immediately delivered; issued cards are forwarded to the customer’s registered postal address after roughly a week.
You can go to any bank and open an account in a dollar, euro, or Turkish lira once you have your tax number.
How to open a bank account in Sanlıurfa?
You can start opening a bank account in Sanliurfa by visiting each bank’s official website. You can see which documents you need. And maybe you can even book an appointment at a bank branch.
These steps can help you to open a bank account in Sanlıurfa. Most banks will ask you for some of these documents.
- Bring your identification document or ID. That can be a photo identification card, a passport, or a driving license. Make sure your identification document is still valid.
- Bring your proof of address. That can be an electric, water, or phone bill with your name on it. Your landlady or flatmate can write a letter for you as proof of address.
- For some banks, but not all banks, show your tax ID number. If you don’t have a tax ID number, you can apply for one. If you have a foreign national identity number, that might work as well.
A foreign national can open a bank account in Sanliurfa, or anywhere in Turkey. In some banks, they might need a valid foreign national identity number and work or residence permit in Turkey. They can open a bank account at any bank of their choice without any restrictions. There are no restrictions on which bank you can open an account with or how many accounts you can open.
How to find a bank in Sanliurfa?
You can find a bank near you in Sanliurfa with a mapping app. You can use the Google Maps app or any other mapping app. I searched ‘bank in Sanliurfa’ on Google Maps app. Below are the results in the Turkish language.
How do I get a Turkish tax identification number?
To get a Turkish tax identification (ID) number go to the Turkish Treasury. Present your passport or any Identification document with your photo. Apply for a special tax number for foreign people.
It costs nothing to get a Tax ID, and a current passport is the only documentation needed.
There are two ways to receive a Tax ID number.
- You can do an online submission. Visit the website of internet tax office services at İnternet Vergi Dairesi Hizmetlerii. Fill out the form. After you submit the form, the system will provide you with a Tax ID number.
You will receive your tax ID number as an official electronic letter. Make sure to enable cookies and pop-ups on your computer. Sometimes you cannot receive the document if you do not enable them.
- You can apply in person and receive a Tax ID number. You must go to a Tax Office. You need these documents:
a passport, or a valid photo ID; a signed and completed application for a Tax ID.
How to open a business bank account in Turkey?
These are some steps you can follow on how to open a business bank account in Turkey.
- Prepare the business’s articles of incorporation.
- Fill out the online application.
- Bring proof of the business’s registered address.
- Show your company’s tax ID number.
- A director with signature authority should open an account with a Turkish bank.