To plan a trip to Mexico.
- Apply for a tourist visa to Mexico if you need one.
- Find out how you can travel to Mexico, and book a flight if you need.
- Get affordable accommodation in Mexico.
- Learn how you want to get around Mexico. For example, from the airport to your accommodation when you arrive.
- Learn how to get data in Mexico if you need it.
- Get some cash currency for Mexico. That’s probably optional.
Mexico has something to offer almost every kind of traveler. Nature lovers can go diving in the second-largest barrier reef in the world. Discover cenotes, or go on a jungle adventure. Enthusiasts of history can explore Mayan and Aztec ruins. Yogis can go to a retreat on the beach in Tulum. Also, foodies will be content almost everywhere. This article will teach you everything you need to know about planning a trip to Mexico.
How to plan a trip to Mexico
Of course, it isn’t easy to fit everything into a few vacation days when there are so many amazing things to see. I’ve created this beginner’s guide, which covers all the essential inquiries.
Tourist visas for Mexico
Flights to Mexico
Accommodation in Mexico
There are many places to stay in Mexico, from budget hostels to five-star hotels and Airbnbs. The quality of the accommodations you choose will, of course, affect the cost from city to city.
Booking.com is a good resource to use while looking for lodging.
Getting around Mexico
Since Mexico is a big country, flying will be your best bet if you just have a short amount of time to travel. If you have more time, the ADO bus service is an excellent way to travel safely throughout Mexico. The ADO buses are cozy and are equipped with wifi, a lavatory, and movies.
Get data in Mexico
Currency in Mexico
You might want to carry a small amount of cash with you in local currency. or easily changeable currency like US dollars.
Mexican Pesos are the local currency in Mexico. To check the exchange rate, use the XE currency conversion tool. Also often used is USD.
How much does it take to visit Mexico?
A 7-day trip to Mexico costs, on average, $997 for a single traveler, $1,571 for a couple, and $2,050 for a family of four. While the majority of vacation rentals cost between $80 and $490 per night for the entire home. The hotel rates in Mexico range from $38 to $201 per night with an average of $71. The average cost of a round-trip ticket to Mexico is between $559 and $903 per person for economy class. And between $1,755 and $2,835 for first class. Depending on the activities, for transportation, and dining out at nearby establishments.
Where should I go in Mexico for the first time?
1. Mexico City
- the Catedral Metropolitana,
- the National Museum of Anthropology,
- the Palacio de Bellas Artes, the Chapultepec Castle, and the Templo Mayor Museum.
Best Time to Visit: March to May
How to Reach
Best Time to Visit: Any time of the year
How to Reach
- By air: Del Bajo International Airport is the one closest to the city. It is in Silao, which is 30 minutes away. Air travel from Mexico City would just take an hour.
- By car: This is the most cost-effective means of transportation if you’re in Mexico City. Just board a bus.
- By train: See the description under “Mexico City” above.
Best Time to Visit: December to April
How to Reach
- By air: With excellent air connectivity, Cancún is served by major airlines like British Airways, Air France, Lufthansa & Air Canada. You will need to fly to the Cancún International Airport.
- By road: While highways Mexico 180 & 307 connect to the city, it is recommended that you take a bus & avoid driving. Not only is driving at night considered unsafe in these areas, but car rentals are also expensive too.
The best way of transportation
Buses are the main form of long-distance public transportation in Mexico. There is an extensive network of buses, which range from modern luxury coaches to retired school buses.