Turkey is one of the most alluring and appealing tourist destinations in the world, attracting visitors from Africa, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Turkey opened its borders to a wider range of tourists from various parts of the world after implementing an electronic visa system.
Every traveler, including Iraqi citizens, who does not have a Turkish passport must apply for a visa to enter Turkey. However, Iraqi citizens must meet specific requirements in order to apply for a visa to Turkey. Here’s everything you need to know about the Turkey visa requirements for Iraqis.
What exactly is an eVisa?
An electronic visa for Turkey, often known as a Turkish visa, is electronic travel permission granted to eligible passengers online. Previously, tourists had to apply for a paper or sticker visa at a Turkish consulate or embassy.
To apply for a Turkey visa, the new approach eliminates the requirement to physically visit a Turkish embassy or consulate.
- It allows the applicant to stay in Turkey for a period of 30 days. An eVisa, on the other hand, is only available for business or tourism purposes, not for seeking employment or enrolling in a Turkish educational institution.
- Iraqi Residents Must Fulfill the Following Eligibility Conditions to Apply for an Electronic Visa in Turkey: Iraqi citizens must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for an electronic visa in Turkey.
- Iraqis must have an Iraqi passport that is valid for 150 days from the time they arrive in Turkey.
- They must have a valid residency permit or visa for one of the Schengen nations, the United Kingdom, the United States, or Ireland. Keep in mind that e-visas will not be accepted.
- To remain in Turkey, travelers must show proof of hotel reservations as well as appropriate financial resources. A daily minimum of USD 50 is required.
- To pay the visa fees, the applicant must have a valid credit card.
- To acquire the Turkey e visa, the applicant must have a valid and active email address.
Validity of Turkey Visas for Iraqis: Iraqis can only apply for a single-entry eVisa. The visa will be valid for 180 days, with the validity period determined by the applicant’s projected travel date as stated on the visa application. Iraqi nationals can stay in Turkey for 30 days or one month with a Turkey visa.
How can I get an e-Visa?
It’s an easy three-step process to apply for a Turkish visa. The following is a summary of the Turkey Visa application process:
1st step: Please fill out the Turkey visa application form found on our website. You’ll be asked various personal and travel-related questions on the form. Your full name, surname, date of birth, place of birth, residence address, and phone number will be required. You will give a valid email address to which the eVisa and other visa-related alerts will be sent.
Step 2: Proceed to the next stage of the Turkey visa costs payment after completing the visa application form. This is a one-time payment that must be made via the internet with a valid credit card or PayPal account.
Step 3: Fill out the visa application form and attach all supporting papers. You must wait for your visa to be processed.
Applicants can apply using a laptop, desktop, or smartphone from anywhere. Applying for an eVisa to Turkey takes only 5 minutes.